Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Day one

Walking in, most of the problems were familiar; the only new problems were on the main lead wall, and in the cave, but it was too cold back there to really try them out, so after warming up I sat down by the whale belly to try things out with a few other climbers.

We mostly worked on a somewhat stiff V6 (White tape) which felt very do-able, and had some interesting moves; it felt a lot like a solid outdoors problem. I chose not to push myself too hard on it, but I'm pretty sure that it will go in another session.

The other problem in the area that I looked at was a made-up one by J, with some rather brutal heel-hooks to be begin,  but I didn't get too far into it; he himself has not sent it, the last move still undone.

Feeling tired, I tried a few of the new problems on the lead wall, but made little progress. We'll see how they go when I'm more fresh.

No comments:

Post a Comment