Saturday, January 29, 2011

Back to the Edge

It turns out that if I were a woman, and had made it into finals, I would have been able to send at least one of the three problems.

The three finals problems (men and women) are still up, so after warming up on random other problems another climber and I began to tackle the women's finals problems (roughly V6--V8). One of them was quite fun, with a big first move and delicate, crimpy holds throughout, but in that time I was not able to piece it together.

The other one, I sent on my third try.

The routes have cool features; one of them is apparently modeled on the nose of a commercial airplane. The other one is a weird blocky square thing, with a hollow interior. Made for a fun move on the finish of the one finals problem I did send.

No comments:

Post a Comment